Didrole's Update Tool
Didrole's Update Tool is an open-source-ish tool aimed to be a SteamCMD alternative, being as simple to use as hldsupdatetool
Its main differences from SteamCMD are :
- It's commandline only, not an interactive shell (It's IMO easier to use).
- You can use it while Steam is running on the same machine (No more "[----] !!! Fatal Error: Steam failed to load: *SteamStartEngine(0x000000) failed with error 1: A Steam Engine Instance already exists").
- You don't have to change your system settings to use it (SteamCMD requires "Automatically detect settings" from LAN settings to be enabled).
- You don't have to use a registry trick to be able to use you games after updating them (ie: reg delete HKCU\Software\Valve\Steam\ActiveProcess /f).
- You can use the same account on Steam while updating your server without being disconnected (Not if it's the first time you use your account with the tool though).
- There is a remember password option, so you don't have to worry about your password being in the commandline.
- You can get a list of available games to install and their installation status.
./UpdateTool.sh -command <command> [parameters] [flags]
Or: ./UpdateTool.sh +runscript <steamcmd_script_file>
update: Install or update a game
uninstall: Remove a game
list: View available games and their status
-game <appid> - Game AppID to install / update / uninstall
(use '-command list' to see available games)
-dir <installdir> - Game install dir
(if dir not specified, will use ~/Steam/steamapps/common/<gamename>/)
-username <username> - Steam account username
-password <password> - Steam account password
-steam_guard_code - Steam guard authorization code
-beta <beta_name> - Beta name to use
-beta_password <password> - Beta password (if any)
-verify_all - Verify all game files are up to date
-remember_password - Remember password
For example: ./UpdateTool.sh -command update -game 740 -dir /csgo -username foo -password bar
Apache Server at didrole.com Port 80